Rumpin Seed Source Nursery Center
Rumpin seed Source nuRsery center
Rumpin Seed Source and Nursery Center (RSSNC) is a joint project between the Government of Korea and the Government of Indonesia, starting in 2005 when the Record of Discussion (RoD) was signed by both governments. The project was funded by KOICA, until its completion in 2010. in 2011 KIFC and MoF signed an RoD on the development and operation of the RSSNC, and the RoD was amended every year and the las amendment is in 2020.
- 1st Stage: 2005-2020 (Funded by KOICA)
- 2nd Stage: 2011-2020 (Funded by KFS/KIFC)
- The RSSNC is located in Rumpin, Bogor, West Java. It has an experimental forest at Jasinga and Karawang, West Java Province.
- The total area at Rumpin is 18 ha, and the area of experimental forests at Jasinga and Karawang is 83 ha and 200 ha respectively.
- Construction of Rumpin Seed Source and Nursery Center consist of; office, laboratory of tisscue culture-soil-seed management, greenhouses, hedge orchard facility, dormitory, and warehouse building.
- Supply of equipment
- Establishment of the nursery, hedge orchard, and demostration plot
- Establishment of seed source at Jasinga and Karawang
- Capacity building
- Seed exploration