The 23rd Meeting of Indonesia-Korea Forest Cooperative Committee
Hosted by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MOEF) of Indonesia, the 23rd Meeting of Indonesia-Korea Forest Cooperative Committee (IKFCC) was conducted in Jakarta on 10 July 2018. A field trip to the Nature Recreation Park Angke Kapuk at the north of Jakarta was organized after the meeting on the same day.
The IKFCC meeting was chaired by the Minister of Environment and Forestry, Dr. Siti Nurbaya, as the head of Indonesian delegation, and co-chaired by the Minister of Korea Forest Service (KFS) Dr. KIM Jaehyun as the head of Korean delegation. The member of the Korea delegation consisting of :
- Ambassador of Korea to Indonesia (H.E. Mr. KIM Chang-beom);
- Director General of International Affairs Bureau (Mr. KO Kiyeon);
- Director of Forest Industry Research Division-National Institute of Forest Science (Mr. BAE Jaesoo);
- Deputy Director of International Forest Resources Development Division (Ms. KIM Joomi);
- Deputy Director of International Forest Resources Development Division (Mr. LEE Wongi);
- Deputy Director of Forest Education & Healing Division (Mr. KIM Tongil);
- Programme Officer of International Forest Resources Divison (Ms. YI Hearee);
- Forestry Counselor (Mr. IM Youngsuk);
- Director of Korea-Indonesia Forest Center/KIFC (Mr. KIM Youngchul); and
- Co-Director of KIFC (Mr. Sugeng Marsudiarto).
Whereas the member of Indonesia delegation consisting of :
- Director General of Natural Resources and Ecosystem Conservation (Mr. Wiratno);
- Director General of Watershed and Protected Forest Control (Dr. Ida Bagus Putera Parthama);
- Director General of Sustainable Production Forest Management (Dr. Hilman Nugroho);
- Director General of Polution and Environmental Damage Control (Mr. Karliansyah);
- Director General of Social Forestry and Environmental Partnership (Dr. Bambang Supriyanto);
- Director of Forestry and Water Resources Conservation, Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas.
Recognizing the important of the forestry development in the two countries, Dr. Siti Nurbaya expecting that the cooperation on forestry between the two countries should be continuously improved. A similar statement was also delivered by Dr. KIM Jaehyun. He expressed that the forestry cooperation between Korea and Indonesia is very important, and should be maintained and improved, especially in the field of education/training, research and ecotourism. The discussion in the meeting focused on five issues : 1. Social forestry; 2. Forest recreation and eco-tourism; 3. Peatland management; 4. Seed conservation; and 5. Forest investment.
Before attending the 23rd meeting of IKFCC, on 9 July 2018 the Minister of KFS visited Korea-Indonesia Cooperation Project on Forest Recreation at Tunak – Lombok and attending the inauguration of the project on organic waste management, a project cooperation between Forest for Life Indonesia and Provincial Government of West Nusa Tenggara. Then, after the 23rd IKFCC meeting, visited project site of KORINDO at Pangkalan Bun – Central Kalimantan on 11 July 2018.