Development of Tunak Recreation Forest : Capacity Building for Local People
Cooperation between the Korea Forest Service and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry in the development of forest recreation at Tunak – Nusa Tenggara Barat had been started in 2015. This cooperation is planned to last for three years until 2018.
Two main activities are being done this year, namely:
- Capacity building
- Development of technical design for some building facilities, camping ground and trails;
There will be three times capacity building this year, twice in Korea and once in Indonesia. The first capacity building already done in Korea on 8th-12th June 2015, attended by 15 participants from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Local Government and local people.
The second capacity building has been also implemented On August 24 to 28 at the Grand Royal Hotel – Praya – Central Lombok – Indonesia. This activity was attended by 30 people who are all local people, they are :
|Mrs.KaryaniMrs.IndipMrs. MinasripMrs. NurhayaniMr. KarieMr. BantenMr. AtreMr. Reza PahalawanMr. MerokMr. Merjun||Mr. DamarMr. Agus AriantoMr. MinataMr. TarzanMr. Muhammad AyunMr. Arya LengganaMr. RabbaniMr. JonoMr. SukatraMrs. Telem||Mrs. Trismin AnggraeniMrs. KasmiatiMrs. TinangMr. SedanMr. Abdul RahmanMr. Egi AhmadMr. SuriadiMrs. Nurul SuryatniMr. RamdanMr. Jumantra|
At this capacity building, the participants learnt about :
- Introduction on Nature Resources Conservation
- Korea’s history of economic development and Saemaul movement
- Introduction on Forest Interpreter
- Nature and Culture of Lombok
- Guiding Practice
- Introduction on Butterflies breeding
- Butterflies breeding practice
- Introduction on eco-tour program utilizing handicraft
- Practice utilizing handicraft
The lecturers are from Lombok, Bali and from Bogor Agriculture University, they are:
The third capacity building will be conducted on October 2015 which will be followed by 10 local people and 5 government employees from local government and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry.