Development of Forest Recreation and Eco-Tourism Management in Tunak is one of the Korea-Indonesia collaboration projects. This project is a follow up of the MOU between the two countries on Strengthening Forest Recreation and Eco-Tourism in Forest Conservation Areas in Indonesia signed on October 2013.
The activities of the project was started in 2014, by undertaking a follow-up measure which was the development of Master Plan of Tunak Development. For the implementation of the master plan, the support from concerned parties is certainly highly needed, especially from the local people, local government as well as central government.
To share with the concerned parties on understanding the basic concept of Forest Recreation and Ecotourism in Korean Case, On 8th-12th June 2015 the Korea Forest Service (KFS) hold a capacity building program in Korea for Indonesia officials. The program was attended by 15 participants from Indonesia as the following :
- Asep Sugiharta, Deputy Director, Directorate of Environmental Service, Bogor.
- Rinekso Soekmadi, Forestry Lecturer, Faculty of Forestry, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor;
- Julianti Siregar, Staff of Program Division, , Directorate of Environmental Service, Bogor.
- Widada, Head of Nature Resource Conservation Agency of NTB, Mataram;
- Lalu Moh. Faozal, Head of Provincial Culture and Tourism Service of NTB, Mtaram;
- Rasyidi Kabul Badarudin, Head of Public Works, Energy and Mineral Resources of Lombok Tengah Regency, Praya, NTB;
- Satria Atmawinata, Head of Regional Development Planning Agency of Lombok Tengah Regency, Praya, NTB;
- Bangun Cenget Maye, Head of Mertak Village, Lombok Tengah Regency, Mertak, NTB;
- Yulia Fitriani, Staf of Provincial Forestry Service of NTB, Mataram;
- Kurniasih Nur Afifah, Forest Ecosystem Controller, Nature Resource Conservation Agency of NTB, Mataram;
- Muhammad Fadli, Forest Ecosystem Controller, Nature Resource Conservation Agency of NTB, Mataram;
- Gangga Widarma, Forest Ecosystem Controller, Nature Resource Conservation Agency of NTB, Mataram;
- Ivan Juhandara, Forest Ecosystem Controller, Nature Resource Conservation Agency of NTB, Mataram;
- Anggun Wewy Prawesty, Staf of Center for International Cooperation, the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Jakarta;
- Yessy Febrianty, Staf of Korea Indonesia Forest Center, Jakarta.
The program includes : presentation of Lombok Forest Recreation and Eco-Tourism (by representative from participants), some lectures and field visit. The topics of the lectures were :
- Korea’s Forestry ODA and bilateral cooperation with Indonesia;
- Korea’s Forest Restoration and Saemaul Movement;
- Basic concept of forest recreation and Korea’s cases;
- Introduction to community involved Eco-tourism;
And the site to be visited during field visit ware :1. National Institute of Ecology; 2. Gochang Yonggyemaul; 3.Jangseong Healing Forest; 4. Yeongdeungpo.
During the program activities, the participants were requested to write an Action Plan to be presented in the last day of the program.